The 2019 World Cup is my new target, Mohammad Amir:
In
an exclusive interview with ESPNcricinfo, Mohammad Amir mentioned a wide range
of issues from why he cannot swing the ball & why he wants to perform
against India & Australia. We have summarized some best bits of the interview.
Amir
is satisfied with his recent performance in ICC Champions Trophy 2017, “I
realised that in the country where so many people had to bear so much sadness
and worry because of me, I felt like I brought back some happiness to the same
people. I think it was the happiest moment of my life.”
Mohammad Asif was the most dangerous bowler of Pakistan
Amir
enjoyed playing with Mohammad Asif, “I don’t think there is any doubt that he
was the most dangerous bowler in Pakistan cricket. As a pair when we bowled
together, we were very dangerous for any side. He used to get wickets – fastest
to 100 wickets. Whoever bowled with him enjoyed it.”
Amir made new goals & ambitions for the future, “Earlier I used to think, I want to get 700 wickets. But now, obviously it isn’t possible given the fact that I have lost five years of my career doing nothing. The 2019 World Cup is now my main target.”
Amir
talked about the dropped catches in his bowling, “In one-and-a-half years of
Test cricket, there have been 16-17 catches dropped (off my bowling). People
might say I’m not getting wickets, but what about those dropped catches? It is
frustrating because all the energy a fast bowler uses is wasted.”
Amir
can still swing the ball, “When you come across a really flat pitch, where
there is no swing, how can you bring swing? If you look at the pitches, they’ve
gone too far into the batsmen’s favour. Now, there are two new balls in ODIs. I
think cricket is tougher now than before.”
Mohammad Amir dismissed Virat Kohli in ICC Champions Trophy final
Amir
aimed to perform well against India, “There are two teams against whom my
energy is always very high - India and Australia. As a Pakistani, you know
everyone is thinking that if I can perform against India, your star value, your
cricketing value, image and reputation go up big time.”








0 comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.