Starc wants fans to get stuck into Ben Stokes

Starc wants fans to get stuck into Ben Stokes

Mitchell Starc wants Australian fans to get stuck into Ben Stokes:

Australia pace bowler Mitchell Starc has urged his fans to “get stuck into” England Ben Stokes if he gets selected in the squad for Ashes tour.

Starc took Stokes wicket in 1st Investic Test
Mitchell Starc claimed Ben Stokes' wicket in 1st Investic 2015

Ben Stokes & Alex Hales were arrested by police after he was found guilty of causing bodily harm & they were suspended from internationals by England & Wales Cricket Board.

ECB is waiting for more information about the case as both batsmen were suspected in a fight outside a nightclub.

Police reported that Ben Stokes was locked up in prison for a night & he was released without charge but he remains under investigation.

Ben Stokes was in the squad for Ashes tour but ECB announced that he wouldn’t travel with the other England players.

Mitchell Starc said, "I guess I'd love if he was out here. I'd love for the Australian crowd to get stuck into him the way the Poms (English) get stuck into our blokes over there.

"Regardless of whether he's here or not, I think the atmosphere is going to be great at all the grounds.

"I'm really looking forward to that atmosphere and if Ben is playing I'm sure it's going to be hyped up and really loud. But I'm sure Ben knows how to cope with that sort of stuff if he does play."

England who had been defeated 5-0 in last Ashes & without Ben, they will find it very difficult to take revenge.

Mitchell Starc wants Australian fans to give a hostile welcome to England players with or without Ben, & he thinks that it can make a difference to the performance of some players.

"Why not? Go for it. The Aussie boys will be backing you all the way in," he said.

"On certain people I think it can (affect their performance)," he added.

"For certain guys, if they're copping it in the crowd they enjoy the banter, they give it back and really enjoy that atmosphere and that banter both ways with the crowd.

"Other guys will go into their shell and it might affect their cricket."
Share on Google Plus

About Nadeem Hussain

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.