Younis Khan refused to attend farewell gathering:
Former
Pakistan captain Younis Khan rejects PCB’s farewell event. He said that it is
too later for him as he retired in May. PCB has arranged the farewell gathering
for Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq & Shahid Afridi on 14 September but Younis
wrote on twitter that he would not participate in that event.
While
Shahid Afridi was initially supposed to be given a farewell T20 series in 2016
against West Indies but the plan did not materialize with the selectors not
picking him.
Younis
Khan became the only Test player from Pakistan who scored 10,000 runs. He
complained that in other countries a farewell match is arranged for former
captains within days of retirement.
It's official I will not attend a farewell reception being hosted by PCB for me, Misbah & Shahid Afridi next week— Younis Khan (@iam_younis) September 10, 2017
What is the use of this farewell now from Pakistan Cricket Board after Misbah & I retired back in May!— Younis Khan (@iam_younis) September 10, 2017
I've decided not to go to the farewell as what I've seen in PCB or have gone through when I was playing isn't something I can forget!!!— Younis Khan (@iam_younis) September 10, 2017
Younis
Khan told Geo Super channel, "I don't think this farewell matters now.
What is its use after I and Misbah retired in May this year. In other
countries, former captains or stalwarts are given farewells within days of
their retirement,".
Younis
added, "I don't see the use of this farewell now and I'm not after any
money. Someone from the PCB called me and invited me and said I would receive a
handsome amount but I have decided not to go because whatever I have seen in
the PCB or have gone through when I was playing is not something I can forget,".
Younis
said that PCB didn’t treat him well & rest of the senior players, the board
did not show respect towards him.
Younis
further said, "I retired on 14 May I think and my contract was till the
end of June. I myself informed the Board about this but I never expected them
to deduct the amount. It is not a sign of respect for a senior player. They
also did the same with Misbah because of me,".
He
also said, 'There are so many examples. Ask Inzamam (ul-Haq) who is chief
selector now. Was he not stopped at the Gaddafi stadium main gate? Ask Misbah,
was he not told during a Pakistan camp at the stadium that he can't bring his car
into the stadium,".
He
said more, "For me nothing is more important than pride and respect. I
don't think the board has treated many players with the dignity and respect
they deserved," .
"There
are so many incidents and they hurt. At one time there were no LCDs,
refrigerators or phones in the rooms at the NCA where the players stayed. All
the facilities were for administrative block."
World
XI team will arrive in Lahore on 11 September. World XI will play three T20
matches against Pakistan on 12, 13 & 15 September & this farewell event
is planned in b/w those matches.







0 comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.