Shane Watson is Sydney Thunders Captain:
After retirement of Michael Hussey earlier this year after winning KFC Big Bash League, vacancy of captaincy was option till now. Sydney Thunders won BBL 2015-16 title under Hussey captaincy but after his retirement, team management decided to appoint Shane Watson new captain of Sydney Thunders. "I'm very excited to be chosen as captain of the Sydney Thunder," Watson said. "I've got big shoes to fill with Mike Hussey doing an incredible job over the past couple of years. I'm going to have to be at my best to live up to what Mike's done". Shane Watson retired from international cricket but he is playing T20 domestic tournaments. Shane Watson is included in platinum category of PSL 2017 team, Islamabad United. Watto will captain Sydney Thunder side for the first time.
Shane Watson has a lot of experience playing T20 across the globe. He played in IPL as Rajasthan Royals captain, PSL and BBL Twenty20 tournaments. Shane Watson is the best choice to replace Mike Hussey as captain of Sydney Thunders BBL team. "I've got my own personality and style on how I like to play T20 cricket from my experiences of playing a lot of T20 cricket. Things won't change that much but I have my own ideas on how the team can get the best out of themselves against world class opposition." Michael Hussey, director of cricket team Sydney Thunders said, “Shane joining Thunder last year was a real coup for the club and I’m pleased to see he’s accepted the position of Captain,”. Hussey added, “He has a lot of experience captaining at the very highest level and his leadership skills were a key factor in our success last year. Shane Watson was part of the winning squad that lift BBL 2015-16 trophy earlier this year.
Shane Watson job would be to defend the title, he moved in to a team culture that doesn't need any more improvement. All Watto has to do it lead the team by example, same like Hussey was doing. Thunder General manager Nick Cummins said, “We believe Shane is the right person to take the club forward into a new era and continue to build on the culture that Mike established when he joined the club in BBL03.”







0 comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.