Joe Root dismissed Nathan Lyon's accusations

Joe Root dismissed Nathan Lyon's accusations

England captain Joe Root dismissed Nathan Lyon's accusations:

England skipper Joe Root said Australia are putting themselves under pressure by few blunt comments before the start of first Test, he coolly dismissed offensive remarks by Australia bowler Nathan Lyon.

Joe Root dismissed Lyon accusations
Joe Root will play his ninth Test as England captain tomorrow at Brisbane

Joe Root said that Nathan’s comments were “out of character” after the spinner said that Aussies hoped to terminate careers of some of the England players.

"That's not how I'd want my players to go about things... it's slightly out of character,"

"Whether it's maybe a team strategy or he's just taken it upon himself to do that — who knows? The more guys talk going into a series, the more they put pressure on themselves."

Nathan said that England suffered 5-0 defeat during their tour of Australia in 2013-2014, accusing wicket keeper Matt Prior being “scared”. David Warner also said that playing against England was like “war”.

Australia captain Steve Smith said that their pace bowlers Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazzlewood & Pat Cummins will replicate the damage done by Mitchell Johnson who grabbed 37 wickets in the 2013-14 Ashes series.

England captain said Australia spin trio would be “feeling the heat” as they will be playing their first Ashes series at home bearing a heavy weight of anticipation.

"The three are very talented cricketers and they've done some good stuff for Australia in the past," Joe Root said.

"But for all three of them it's their first Ashes series in Australia and I'm sure they will be feeling the heat.

"There's been a lot of noise and comparisons made about them and they've got to go and try and replicate that.

"A lot of the guys have played these blokes before and know what they bring to the table and are very well prepared as to what to expect from them.

"We've just got to trust our games, trust all the work we've done and give them as little as possible."

Australia are pretty confident that they would not lose at Brisbane as England have not beaten them on that venue since 1988. But England skipper hoped to seize a surprise initiative in the opening Test.

"I think we're about due, aren't we?" Root said.

"It's the reason why Australia play the first Test of a series here all the time, they've got such a good record playing here.

"But if we can go one-up in the series here then it really upsets the apple cart and it could give us a lot of momentum going into the rest of the Tests."

26 year old Joe Root will lead his team for the first time in Ashes series & tomorrow will be his 9th Test as captain.

"I'm actually surprised how calm I am," he said. "I am sure tomorrow morning there will be a few little nerves flying about, but that's natural going into any series, especially an Ashes series.

"The best thing is that I feel ready, I feel really prepared. I have full confidence in this group of players and that's why I feel so relaxed going into it.

"We have to read the situation quickly out in the middle and play the surface and control our emotions, if we do that then we'll give ourselves a really good chance."
Share on Google Plus

About Nadeem Hussain

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.