Usman Khawaja spoke against Australia's selection policy:
Pakistan
born Australia all-rounder Usman Khawaja has criticized the selection policy &
he said that the constant team changes have affected his career & he cannot
shape his game.
Usman Khawaja criticizes Australia's selection policy
Khawaja
only managed to score 55 runs in 2 Test matches against Sri Lanka in 2016 &
he was not selected for the third Test.
He
then secured 6 consecutive fifties in home Tests but did not get a chance to
play in 4 Test series against India in 2017.
Usman
was given opportunity in the first Test against Bangladesh but he was not
picked up for the 2nd Test match.
"They
never used to do it before, I´m not really sure why they do it now," Usman
told ABC Radio.
"It
creates a lot of instability in the team I reckon, going in and out for
everyone.
"You
hear things like ´the players are playing afraid´ or whatnot, but that´s what
happens when you drop players all the time. We´ve been doing that a fair bit
lately."
Usman
Khawaja has represented his country in 24 Tests & he made his debut in 2011
Ashes Series & he secured 5 tons with an outstanding average of 45 plus. He
has performed really well in domestic format & is waiting for a chance in
upcoming Ashes Series that will begin in November.
"For
some reason it seems like lately in Australia that the best players always seem
to be the next guy in, which I don´t totally agree with," Khawaja said.
"(It
is) very hard to develop your game and play some consistent cricket if you´re
not getting consistent opportunities overseas, which I haven´t been getting.
"It´s
frustrating but I´ve just got to focus on what´s in front of me. I´d love to
win an Ashes series - it´s something I haven´t been able to do yet."
Usman
said that the selectors know who should be selected for the Ashes Series.
"I
think the Australian team is pretty stable," Khawaja said.
"I´m
confident the selectors already know what their make-up of the team is going to
be for the first test.
"There
might be a few positions up for grabs depending on what happens in the Shield
games but I´m pretty confident they know what they´re expecting.







0 comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.