Sangakara to play county

Sangakara to play county

Kumar Sangakara, former Sri Lanka captain has signed contract with English county Durham. He will play 2 matches for Durham against Yorkshire and Sussex ahead of Sri Lanka tour of England. However, he will miss first 2 ODIs against Ireland which shouldn't be a problem for Sri Lanka. The aim of playing county is to get use to England early summer, weather and pitch condition. It will be a bit different for Island players because England use DUKE ball to play cricket. Sanga is still waiting for No Objection Certificate from board before deal can be confirmed. A few matches before actual tour will help Sangakara to get use to Duke ball. 

In a statement, Kumar Sangakara said, "I'm really looking forward to returning to county cricket with Durham and I'm immensely grateful for the opportunity". He also added, "I actually made my debut for Warwickshire against Durham back in 2007 – I scored a few runs that day so I'm hoping to make amends this time around.

Sangakara wants to play county cricket for Durham
Kumar Sangakara to play county for Durham
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.