Rashid Latif turns down chief selector role

Rashid Latif turns down chief selector role

Rashid Latif former captain and wicket keeper has turned down PCB offer of chief selector. Rashid Latif was named head of national selection committee in February and was supposed to start on April 1. Latif said, "I refuse PCB officially, "No hard feelings for both parties. I don't want to get into controversy and I hope Pakistan cricket will flourish under the chairman and board. I will not make any further statement. There has been too much [speculation] in the media and I would like to break my silence and announce that I will not join PCB as chief selector." 

Rashid Latif turns down chief selector role
Rashid Latif turns down chief selector role offered by PCB

Since Najam Sethi came into power, he removed all officials appointed by Zaka Ashraf. Amir Sohail was head of national selection committee appointed by former chairman. Since Sohail removal, Pakistan didn't have a chief selector and Rashid Latif turned down offer with out giving any reason, he will continue working with PQA.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 comments:

  1. People thinks new Chairman PCB Najam Sethi is biased with decisions regarding India but I think that he is doing for PCB betterment like he said that BIG 3 got 9 out of 10 votes and the only vote not given was Pakistan. He further said Pakistan domestic will suffer a lot if country has not outside income so Pakistan has lost a golden opportunity said by Najam Sethi. Regarding Rashid Lateef I have seen his aggression on PTV Sports program when old players are discussed I think Latif should grow up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PCB has called Rashid Lateef for a meeting next week. I have heard he has already taken some other duties related to Afghanistan cricket team. So it might turn out to be a hard decision for Rashid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PCB has invited Rashid Latif for a meeting at Qadafi stadium, Lahore on 14th of April. According to sources this meeting is the last chance for any deal to go through between the 2 parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pakistan’s former captain Rashid Latif has refused a meeting with PCB chairman Najam Sethi who appeared keen to convince the ex-wicketkeeper to take up the chief selector’s post after he had turned down the job early this week.

    “At a meeting held on Friday where Rashid’s issue was discussed, Sethi said it didn’t appear that Rashid was interested in the offer anymore so the matter should be closed now,” sources in PCB said.

    ReplyDelete

Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.