Kumar Sangakara and Mahela Jayawardene clarified news of retirement to chief selector Sanath Jayasuria. They didn't mean that they are retiring from T20 International, all they meant was it was their last T20 World Cup. The way their retirement news was made public, created big controversy. Sangakara said, "When I was asked by the Island newspaper, I said this was my final World T20. Neither I, nor Mahela, went out of our way to make these announcements - we just answered questions that were asked of us. Luckily, we were able to clear it up with the one person we had wanted to talk to - chief selector Sanath Jayasuriya. Once we talked to him, it became clear to him and both myself and Mahela what had actually happened. We aren't responsible for what happened."
Kumar Sangakara and Mahela Jayawardene clarified news of retirement
Board won't take any further action regarding this issue and this matter is closed now, "Sri Lanka Cricket will make no further releases on this subject matter and shall treat this matter as closed".







0 comments:
Post a Comment
Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.