Younis wants retirement

Younis wants retirement

Younis Khan wants to be selected for World Cup 2015
Younis Khan wants to be selected for World Cup 2015 or else he is in favor of retirement.

Younis Khan wants retirement from international cricket on his own terms. Its been an year since he hasn't played a single ODI match. Last ODI he played was in March 2013 against South Africa. He has also missed mega events like ICC Champions Trophy and Asia Cup this year. Younis Khan took retirement from T20 format after winning 2009 Twenty20 World Cup for Pakistan. Now he wants to quit cricket career though he is a regular test player. Younis Khan is 36 years old but has proved himself still among the fittest player in the national training camp.

During ongoing summer camp Younis said to media,

“It's all about time and hunger for the game,''

''Whatever cricket I play in the next two years I want to play good and will walk away myself instead of being axed.''

"But I don't have a long-term goal that I want to play the 2015 or 2019 World Cup, my desire is to play as much cricket and keep up my role-model performance. A player like me, who has played 14-15 years of top cricket and played all forms of cricket, his career shouldn't be ended like being classified as only a Test player.

"My desire is to walk away on my own conditions, playing in every form of game I am available to play, rather than being dropped. I obviously want commit myself to playing ODIs and whenever I get a chance I surely would like to grab the opportunity to play the World Cup."

"I am almost in the fourteenth year of my career and it's very difficult to maintain your top performance playing at top level. After all, we are human and we can't maintain the much needed consistency, and sometime you lose interest.

Younis proved himself among the fittest players during training camp & passed his remarks about the Lahore summer camp. He said,

"Such camps actually are very important to know yourself inside out - understand where you stand, what is the fitness level and how much we need to improve. It is good to get a window in international cricket. We unfortunately have lost the home advantage and mostly are on tours, hence no time for such extensive camps. So I took the opportunity to get myself tuned."

Younis Khan wants to be selected for World Cup 2015 & considers himself fit for the game. He wants selectors to observe his performance & give him a comeback chance in ODI format.



Share on Google Plus

About Nadeem Hussain

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. He is a good player and should play world cup 2015

    ReplyDelete

Let us know your opinion about this article, Remember a blog is not a blog without comments.